Whether you’re moving back to Dallas from a tour abroad or transferring from a nearby town, moving during the winter presents its issues. From the rain to wintry mix to snow, the colder months of winter can make moving more challenging. But moving during the wintertime in Dallas can be stress-free with a little preparation. Use these tips to make your Dallas move manageable during the winter:
1. Dress for the Cold
Dallas winters can get frigid, so it’s important to check the weather and dress for the cold and to avoid accidents from slipping on icy paths. Bundle up to stay warm by layering your clothes and keep these items on hand:
- Gloves. When you’re moving your belongings, you’ll need a good pair of gloves that make it easy to grip boxes, packages and other containers.
- Headgear. Get earmuffs, a beanie or hat that can easily cover your ears and head for extra warmth.
- Outerwear. Consider opting for outerwear with a hood or that’s specially treated for the cold and snow, such as a raincoat or hooded parka.
- Shoes with grips. Have shoes with grips to avoid slipping, such as snow boots.
2. Clear Pathways
3. Lather Up With Sunscreen
You can still get a sunburn even on a cloudy winter day. can still pass through clouds and and can cause sunburn – and even lead to skin cancer. So, make sure to use a broad spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or higher daily.
4. Have a Backup Plan
If your route gets blocked by ice or snow, you have to know where to go next. Think of alternative routes you can take in the event a road is closed. Also, have an emergency kit and spare supplies for vehicle repairs.
5. Weatherproof Your Packages
Get Help from Professional Dallas Movers
Moving in the wintertime in Dallas doesn’t have to be a solo job. You can get the help you need by using a reliable team of Dallas movers, such as Delicate Moving. Delicate Moving takes care of all the outside duties for you with professional ease so you can have a stress-free winter move. Are you ready to make a move this winter? to help you with your Dallas move and get a free moving estimate today!